The new strain, known as A3/02, is a recombinant, meaning it is a cross between two previously identified HIV strains. Writing in the Journal of Infectious Diseases, Lund University researchers said that the infection moves from HIV to full-blown AIDS in about five years, nearly two- to two-and-a-half years faster than most previously known strains.
So far the new infection seems confined to West Africa. But experts fear that recombinants are becoming more common and could start to spread globally, especially to highly mobile regions such as Europe and the United States. The researchers said recombinants develop faster than the “parental” strains they spring from, though fortunately, this latest strain seems treatable with existing drugs.
Seriously!?! The questions that need to be answered are:
1. Was this occurrence a mutation of the original disease that NATURALLY formed or was deposited?
2. The world has long desired to gain access to the riches afforded by the tremendous continent, is this the millenial conquest similar to Columbus and his accidental elimination of many indigenous by transmitting small pox and sexually transmitted diseases?
3. Who are the TEST SUBJECTS? Note “Who” was used and not what….
4. How long will ‘monitoring the situation’ take? Will there be anyone left in West Africa by the time a cure/remedy is found?
5. What do medical companies stand to gain by creating new vaccinations that may or may not work?